It is known that Canadian universities have a good reputation and status in this world. Notably, international students from different countries are gaining access to work in Canada only to continue their studies in these universities. Due to high-quality teaching facilities and the overall educational structure...
It is known that Canadian universities have a good reputation and status in this world. Notably, international students from different countries are gaining access to work in Canada only to continue their studies in these universities. Due to high-quality teaching facilities and the overall educational structure, Canada has become a major destination for scholars. The welcoming culture and other areas of interest in this country are also worth exploring once you get to the country. However, the first thing on your list should be the steps to attaining the study visa that is needed to pursue an academic course at one of Canada’s universities.
Choose the right university to apply to
Searching on the internet is a great way to begin your quest for the right university or academic institute in Canada. Toronto, Athabasca, British Columbia, Winnipeg, Simon Fraser, and McMaster universities are well-known universities that are worth looking into. They offer a variety of degrees in areas such as business, medicine, computer science, and communication. Before submitting an application for a student visa, you first need to apply to and be accepted by a university in the country. An acceptance letter from your chosen university is needed before you can attain the study permit.
Alternatives to the student visa
In some of the cases, you do not need a student visa to study in Canada. This may be true if:
· Your enrollment in a course is less than 6 months
· You have a registered Indian position in Canada
· You are a member of the armed forces (Visiting Forces Act)
The right time to apply for a student visa
Once you have received an acceptance letter, you may move to the next step, which is getting ready to send your application. At this stage, you will need to hire an immigration attorney.
· Open the CIC website to start your online application process
· If you are from a location with internet problems, you may use the paper application
· Upload the letter that you received from the academic institute
· Send evidence that you have enough financial assets to pursue your education
· Prove that you don’t have a past record of criminal activity
· Submit papers or proofs that you have no health-related issues, and that you have passed a recent medical examination
If you have relatives who are working in Canada, you should receive your visa within two weeks from the time you submit your application. If you choose to continue your studies, your visa can be renewed. The visa will lose validity three months after you have completed your education.
Documents to get your student visa
· Application form with accurate information
· Original copy of university acceptance letter
· A valid passport for travel
· Proof of visa fee
· Photos (passport size)
After pursuing your education, you may also choose to work in Canada. However, you will need a new visa and to speak with a lawyer. They are available through the Migration Brokers Corp.